- Harper Collins
- Год издания
- Количество страниц
This unique book provides a striking look at the dramatic changes that are happening to our planet. The second edition of Fragile Earth shows over 350 dramatic images of natural disasters, human development and the impacts of climate change. Alongside the powerful imagery, contributions from leading experts will be shown with maps, graphs and statistics on the major subjects, such as climate change, the environment and urbanization.
Striking images of the following events are included:
- Japanese Tsunami
- Icelandic volcano
- Chilean volcano
- United States tornadoes
- Earthquakes in Christchurch and Haiti
- Oil spill in Gulf of Mexico Updated images from the following areas will be shown:
- Satellite images of Aral Sea
- Up-to-date photographs of North American glaciers
- Latest Yellow River satellite images
The full force of the earth still impacts thousands of people every year. News reports are regularly dominated by events that nature has caused despite our advances in technology.
- Julia Bucknall, Sector Manager, Water Department, World Bank, known as the World Bank's Water Anchor.
- Professor John Grace, Research Scientist and Environmental Consultant, now Emeritus Professor at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Mark Maslin, Professor of Climatology at University College London, Royal Society Industrial Fellow and Executive Director of Carbon Associates Ltd.
- Bill McGuire, Professor of Geophysical & Climate Hazards at University College London, science writer and broadcaster.
- Lieutenant Patrick Murphy, member of the United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps.
- Juliane Zeidler, Managing Director of Integrated Environmental Consultants of Namibia (IECN).
2017-03-28 06:00:00Еженедельно мы выбираем три отличные книги и снижаем на них цену для на...Подробнее